Reports to: IT Manager
Start Date: ASAP – Position open until filled
Position type: Full time, exempt
Founded in 2016, Alliance for Safety and Justice (ASJ) is a multi-state organization that aims to win new safety priorities in large incarceration states across the country. ASJ partners with leaders and advocates to advance state criminal justice reform through policy advocacy, coalition building, research, education, and strategic communications. ASJ also represents diverse victims of crime to advance policies that provide more safety and help, and people with old records to advance policies that provide more redemption and freedom. Californians for Safety and Justice (CSJ), which operates as ASJ’s flagship state advocacy effort, has been leading state advocacy efforts to replace over-incarceration in California with new safety priorities. Additionally, Alliance for Safety and Justice Action Fund, a project of Tides Advocacy, is the 501 (c)4 arm of ASJ.
In its sixth year of operation, Alliance for Safety and Justice is looking to grow into a lasting and sophisticated advocacy institution with staying power for generations to come. The organization’s work hinges on smart advocacy strategies to change laws and budgets, and deep power building to ensure public systems are accountable to victims of crime and people with old records from the communities most harmed by incarceration and violence, and the least helped.
The EveryAction Administrator will play a key role in developing and maintaining ASJ’s EveryAction CRM and act as the in-house EveryAction expert. The administrator will also maintain the integration between EveryAction and Salesforce, migrate some EveryAction functions to Salesforce, and extend EveryAction functionality using Salesforce. They will work extensively with programming and development staff to ensure that all EveryAction needs are managed, prioritized, and supported.
EveryAction Development and Administration (60%)
- Create and maintain EveryAction forms, calls to action, advocacy campaigns, events, and other EveryAction tools for programming and communication staff.
- Assist the Email/SMS Manager with developing new campaigns, automation, member journeys, templates, landing pages, segmentation based on Activist Codes, SMS, and other EveryAction communications.
- Assist the Web Manager by developing EveryAction forms, automation, and integrations with multiple websites.
- Work with Digital staff to maintain social media tracking on all activist forms and landing pages.
- Work with the development team to maintain donation forms, donor data, reporting, and development automation.
- Create and maintain EveryAction integrations and API connections (such as Salesforce, GetThru, and Mobilize)
- Create and maintain activist codes, including documenting Activist Codes in Zendesk.
- Create and maintain automation to properly enforce member status, activist codes, business rules, engagement scoring, and reporting.
- Develop, schedule, and run customized reports.
- Clean, update, and import data from external sources.
- Maintain a high level of data hygiene within EveryAction.
- Define and maintain standard operating procedures surrounding EveryAction.
- Provide training and write documentation on key elements of EveryAction functionality.
- Resolve all technical support tickets regarding EveryAction functionality.
- Act as the primary contact for EveryAction support and account management.
- Maintain users and security in EveryAction and manage EveryAction licensing information.
Salesforce Development and Administration (25%)
- Manage basic system administration, modify page layouts, generate reports and dashboards, create new fields, ensure backups are functioning correctly through Gearset, and other routine tasks.
- Manage user and license information, including new user setup/deactivation and creating roles, profiles, permissions, and public groups.
- Implement automation and scheduled maintenance to maintain data hygiene.
- Prepare for quarterly releases and mitigate issues faced by obsolete functionality.
- Review, maintain, and update all third-party applications from the Salesforce app exchange.
- Assist in developing a Salesforce roadmap.
- Search for and remove technical debt in the form of unused objects, fields, data, and reports.
Additional Responsibilities (15%)
- Develop accurate schema representations of data in EveryAction, Salesforce, and the connections between the two.
- Assist in developing a single-source-of-truth model between Salesforce and EveryAction.
- Assist in extending EveryAction functionality through Salesforce.
- Assist in developing ASJ’s data strategy.
- Work with other IT staff to create and maintain project plans.
- Remain up to date on the latest Salesforce/EveryAction trends, tools, and best practices.
- Work with and manage outside consultants and vendors.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 5+ years of proven EveryAction administration and management experience (required).
- Experience managing the Salesforce/EveryAction integration and the EveryAction API (preferred).
- 2+ years of proven Salesforce administration experience (preferred).
- Salesforce administration certification (preferred).
- A strong understanding of Salesforce NPSP, Experience Cloud, and Marketing Cloud (preferred).
- Outstanding analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in nonprofits or a related industry (preferred).
- Demonstrated commitment to ASJ’s values, including criminal justice reform and shared safety solutions.
- A positive attitude with a customer service focus.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Some travel may be required
- Requires use of a desktop, laptop, or video display terminal
- Requires routine physical movements with limited physical exertion
- Ability to communicate, receive and understand information through oral and written communication and proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Alliance for Safety and Justice offers a competitive benefits package including health/vision/dental insurance, retirement 403b match benefit and paid sick, holiday and vacation leave.
Applications should be submitted via the posting link on ASJ’s jobs page. Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest in ASJ, the role, and your related experience, your resume, and 3-4 professional references.
The Alliance for Safety and Justice is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application. Employment with Alliance for Safety and Justice is at-will. This means that employees are not guaranteed employment for a set time and that they or ASJ may end employment at any time, with or without notice, and with or without cause. No manager, supervisor, or employee of Alliance for Safety and Justice has the authority to enter into any agreement modifying the at-will nature of employment.