Location: Flexible; remote telecommute
Division: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
Position type: Full time, exempt
Who We Are
Alliance for Safety and Justice (ASJ) is a national advocacy organization that aims to replace ineffective criminal justice system policies with what works to keep people safe. We represent diverse crime survivors as well as people living with old records as key public safety stakeholders. ASJ brings our members together with state leaders and coalition partners to win reforms that stop cycles of crime, reduce costly incarceration, and make communities safer. We support a range of “shared safety” reforms, including crime prevention, community health, rehabilitation, economic mobility, and trauma recovery. For more information, visit: https://allianceforsafetyandjustice.org.
Who You Are
The Marketing Manager, Retention and Engagement, will be responsible for developing and executing communications strategies focused on measurably growing retention and engagement of key organizational stakeholders across website, email, SMS, and publications. Key stakeholders include donors, legislative champions, TimeDone members and Crime Survivors for Safety and Justice (CSSJ) members. The person in this position will serve as a key strategic partner to the social media team, other marketing staff, and TimeDone, CSSJ, Policy and Development leads.
Our ideal candidate has a strong track record of building deep and sustainable engagement with a large audience. You consider empathy to be one of your stand out traits and are as comfortable creating big-picture strategy as you are rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the retention and engagement content strategy for multiple audience segments across email, SMS and website.
- Build, optimize, and actively manage all aspects of ASJ’s email and SMS processes, collaborating across teams to produce action alerts, nurture campaigns, breaking news, event invitations, and fundraising appeals for multiple audience segmentations.
- Test, assess, analyze and validate existing customer journeys and adjust strategies to optimize for increased retention and engagement. This includes deliverability, open and click rates, conversion rates, opt-out rates, and revenue.
- Write compelling short- and long-form content aligned with the overall content strategy and work with the creative team to produce branded graphic and video content as needed.
- Collaborate closely with the social media team to leverage content and creative assets across all ASJ owned channels and align retention and engagement strategies across channels.
- Partner with TimeDone and CSSJ staff to define and refine the member journey, identify effective messaging and develop strategies to increase retention and engagement.
- Partner with Development and Policy staff to understand donor and legislative champion needs, effective messaging and develop strategies to increase online donations, retention and engagement.
- Build microsites and online forms to support retention and engagement with support from contractors as needed.
- Provide regular reports and analysis that demonstrates retention and engagement performance.
- Train and onboard ASJ staff and vendors in use of systems that can include email, SMS, CRM, and any and all other channels or programs that are related to stakeholder retention and engagement.
- Stay updated on privacy changes, marketing news and technology advances.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with CRM, email marketing, product management and/or content strategy.
- Track-record of success growing engagement among a large membership, donor or customer base.
- Strong project management background; experience collaborating across multiple departments to execute projects. Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with email marketing software such as Constant Contact.
- Experience working with diverse communities and a deep commitment to social and racial justice.
- Familiarity and comfort with rapid response and/or fast-paced environments.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing cloud preferred.
- Experience with broadcast or peer-to-peer texting programs preferred.
- Experience updating websites through content management system preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Some travel may be required
- Requires use of a desktop, laptop, or video display terminal
- Requires routine physical movements with limited physical exertion
- Ability to communicate, receive and understand information through oral and written communication and proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms
Compensation and Benefits
We care deeply about our staff wellness. ASJ offers a competitive benefits package including health/vision/dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, a robust 403(b) retirement match, generous paid time off, a professional development allowance, and more. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications should be submitted via the posting link on ASJ’s jobs page. Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest in ASJ, the role, and your related experience, your resume, and 3-4 professional references.
The Alliance for Safety and Justice is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people who are systems impacted, women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.