Location: Oakland, CA or Bay Area, CA preferred
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Start Date: ASAP – position open until filled
Position type: Full time
Founded in 2016, Alliance for Safety and Justice (ASJ), a project of the Tides Center, is a multi-state organization that aims to win new safety priorities in large incarceration states across the country. ASJ partners with leaders and advocates to advance state criminal justice reform through policy advocacy, coalition building, research, education, and strategic communications. ASJ also brings together diverse crime survivors to advance policies that help communities most harmed by crime and violence. ASJ’s sister organization, Californians for Safety and Justice (CSJ), has been leading state advocacy efforts to replace over-incarceration in California with new safety priorities for the last eight years. With a substantial California staff and a strong track record, CSJ operates as ASJ’s flagship state advocacy effort. Additionally, Alliance for Safety and Justice Action Fund (ASJAF), a project of Tides Advocacy, is the 501 (c)4 arm of both ASJ and CSJ.
ASJ seeks to fill the Senior Manager, Operations position within our Operations Department. A successful candidate will be nimble, detail-oriented, and a highly experienced operations professional. This is a tremendous opportunity for an enthusiastic, hands-on administrator who is eager to deepen our mission by strengthening our operations. This new leadership position will add immense value to a fast-paced, growing team during an exciting time in which ASJ/CSJ will obtain its own (c)3 tax exemption status and further build out our infrastructure as we transition from our fiscal sponsor – Tides Center. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience working across departments and functions within a large non-profit setting. This position requires an individual who is highly proficient at interpreting and communicating policy and procedure information, and has broad non-profit experience leading administrative systems and processes.
The Senior Manager, Operations will play a critical role in ASJ’s operations, and will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to supervise and manage operations staff, providing leadership to the Operations Department. Under the direction of the COO, this position will support the operational oversight across three entities – ASJ/CSJ (c3) and ASJAF (c4) – to enhance departmental collaboration, communication and tracking of critical outcomes in line with broader organizational goals. Acting as a trusted advisor to the COO, the Senior Manager will help to build out a robust Operations Department over the next 2-3 years. The primary responsibilities for this position include oversight and supervision of: operational systems, processes and records, facilities management, information technology (IT), legal, risk management, compliance and other administrative supports such as travel, supplies/inventory, and staff training. This position will work closely with Operations Division Leads across Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, IT, Events, and Development to create synergy and optimal efficiency across the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Departmental Leadership & Staff Management (60%)
- Supervise a team of 3-4 Operations staff across Legal, Risk Management & Compliance, IT, General Administration and Facilities; provide strong leadership, vision and coaching for direct reports
- Serve as a liaison between direct reports, key bodies of work, and the COO in order to execute priorities and provide updates on a regular basis
- Oversee IT staff and contractors to conduct frequent audits of existing IT systems and platforms, including the use of knowledge sharing and information storing platforms
- Instill a “systems-oriented” and “mission-focused” culture within the Operations Department
- Bridge onsite and remote operations to ensure all staff feel part of ASJ and CSJ
- Establish and maintain professional and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders; staff, vendors, consultants, landlords, etc.
- Lead bi-weekly department-wide staff meetings, trainings, and retreats in partnership with Operations Division Leads and COO
- Provide leadership and management to ensure proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems are in place to effectively grow the organization and strengthen operating efficiency
- With oversight from the COO, enhance operations and expand ASJ’s multi-state operational model through the development of systems, internal communications, and staff training for ASJ and CSJ
- Co-own the management of the general/administrative operating budget and process
- Coordinate across all Operations divisions, including Finance & Accounting, HR, IT, and Legal/Operations Management; drive weekly Operations Division Lead meetings; track department-wide priorities and key outcomes
- Manage the monthly ASJ/CSJ all-staff meeting structure and implementation of the Organizational Development Taskforce
Operational Systems & Process Management (30%)
- Under the direction of the COO, spearhead, develop, and optimize operational and org-wide systems, processes, tools, and technology; ensure thorough process documentation, efficient workflows, and continuous improvement of policies and practices
- Create and maintain an operations manual for all staff; ensure alignment with employee handbooks, onboarding materials, and other org-wide policies and procedures, including previously developed protocols
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Operations intranet to build institutional knowledge and internal resource sharing
- Serve as project owner for key operational projects; tracking and managing progress from start to finish, updating team members, and reporting out on progress
- Liaise with IT, Finance, HR and other key staff regarding systems management to ensure that all divisions are in sync with tracking and executing key deliverables, including fidelity to budget and other resource management
- Partner with Operations staff to develop a robust operational training series, including new hire onboarding, technology systems, policy/procedure, and other routine administrative/operational functions
- Work with the Events and Program teams to monitor operational support needed for events, including travel, materials and supplies, safety, compliance and key communications
- Supervise all booking of travel for staff, contractors, and members
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Accountant to develop and oversee the purchasing process for staff, including requests for materials, supplies, technology, and equipment
- Carry out the strategic direction of ASJ’s operational plans, policies, and practices in accordance with Federal, State, and local ordinances
Facilities Management (10%)
- Manage ASJ/CSJ’s new headquarters in Oakland, CA as well as satellite office spaces in Sacramento, D.C., New York City, and Los Angeles
- Supervise the maintenance of office spaces, including security, materials and supplies, protocols, and key communication to staff
- Develop safety protocols and Emergency Preparedness Planning for the organization, including implementation in office spaces; ensure facilities are outfitted and reconfigured to comply with COVID-19 or other health and safety workplace guidelines
- Manage Operations vendors and contractors, working closely with members of the Grants & Contracts team
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure that work spaces and policies are compliant with OSHA, ADA and CDC regulations
- Work closely with IT to ensure that office technology is running smoothly, and to ensure a smooth process for troubleshooting and elevating individual requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent education or combination of education and demonstrated experience in nonprofit management or operations
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience working within an Operations or multi-faceted Program Management role; campaign environment preferred
- Experience working within a growing institution or start-up; strong interest in building processes and systems; national, regional, or multi-state experience preferred
- Proven track record in writing policies and procedures; ability to see the through line from concept to implementation, management and tracking
- Ability to break down complex information into a step by step processes; experience using project management and communication software such as Asana, Slack, etc. is a plus
- Technologically savvy; able to support the build out of systems and oversight of IT
- Experience in leadership positions working with diverse staff and in communities directly impacted by crime violence and over-incarceration preferred
- A passion for advancing social justice, racial justice and criminal justice reform
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with solid public speaking skills
- Capacity Building: Ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, develop the team and processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Leadership and Organization: Capacity for managing and leading people; a builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to enforce accountability and learn the strengths and areas of growth of the team to put people in a position to succeed; willingness to learn and listen before acting
- Action and Detail Oriented: Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even when limited information is available; diligent attention to detail and tracking priorities
- General Management: Thorough understanding of operational systems, structures, and protocols; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including planning, budgeting, risk management, legal, compliance, IT, org development, etc.
- High emotional IQ: A lot of compassion, particularly with ASJ member base; an ability to connect easily and effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences; personally/professionally rooted interest in ASJ’s mission
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works in close coordination with various members of the Operations team.
Comfortable with Mac laptops generally and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel in particular, Google Suite experience a plus
Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time. Some travel may be required.
Oakland, CA or Bay Area, CA preferred. Some travel required. Work hours, dependent on deadlines, may sometimes be odd and include occasional night or weekend assignments.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The Tides Center offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, and annual leave.
Applications should be sent to our recruitment partner, Emily Schelle, at Careers in Nonprofits here, and should include:
- A cover letter that explains your interest in the position and working with ASJ and experience alignment;
- Your resume;
- 3-4 professional references
Position open until filled.
The Alliance for Safety and Justice, a project of Tides Center and the sister organization of another Tides Center project, Californians for Safety and Justice, as well as Alliance for Safety and Justice Action Fund, a 501(c)4 project of The Advocacy Fund, is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.